Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Monday the 17th Of the Low Carb Journey

So Monday the 17th of the diet and things are looking up.  My energy is starting to feel pretty good all of the time.  I think maybe my body is getting accustomed to the lack of carbs and compensating accordingly.  I had my first day back at the weights today and it actually felt pretty good.  I think the only thing that I need to really tighten up is my sleep schedule.

8:00am
Meal 1: Muslce Milk light protein shake
             Handful of peanuts.

12:00pm
Meal 2: 5 Boiled egg whites
             Side of broccoli.
             Side of Spinach

3:30pm
Meal 3: 2 grilled chicken breasts.
             Large green salad.
             Cup of decaf tea.

7:00pm
Meal 4: Fage non fat greek yogurt and tablespoon of natural peanut butter.

10:00pm
Meal 5: Large green salad with avocado, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and grilled chicken breast.

So I managed to get into the gym today for a little over an hour, hit the weights and 20 minutes of cardio.  I drank over my gallon of water and took my multivitamins.  I think things with the diet are kicking in as my body is definitely changing but Im also feeling my energy levels stabilize, and no real flutctuations in energy.  The only thing that i think is missing is sleep its just impossible for me to get the 7 or 8 hours that I think I need.  I am probably getting 4 to 5 hours a night which I know is not enough.  Well back to Long Beach tomorrow, with a little luck I can squeeze a nap in somewhere before the gym.  See you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment