Sunday, December 25, 2011

Eggs Sausage Bacon Muffins...Virgin America...Starbucks and San Francisco

So I woke up this morning to my niece peeking her little head through the door to wake me up.  This was only her second Christmas so we all marched through to the tree to watch her rip apart packages completely confused as to what was going on and why she was being bombarded with presents.  About an hour later and completely exhausted from playing with all of her and my nephews toys we sat down to enjoy breakfast.  Being that it was not only Cheat Day but also Christmas Cheat Day I was determined to make it count.  I started with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and scallop potato's all jammed onto an English muffin or two ;)  I finished breakfast of with an extra large mimosa and a healthy slice of poppy seed lemon pound cake. 

I went from my Christmas feast to the airport to jump on my Virgin America flight to San Francisco but not before stopping by Starbucks for a large orange juice and a chicken cheddar ciabatta.  I gotta say it was pretty delicious, like I've said before they really have some decent food options.  I jumped on the Virgin flight but unfortunately passed out three minutes into it and I didn't even get a chance to eat. 

We landed in San Francisco and went straight to my other family for Christmas dinner.  We had a Middle Eastern inspired dinner complete with lamb and rice, mixed eggplant dish and accompanied by my favorite mint chutney sauce.  The best part of the meal came in the form of desert which consisted of a vast array of sweets including caramel chocolate apples, chocolate cake, biscotti and last but not least a traditional middle eastern desert made up of ground carrots, milk and sugar called gadja halva....AMAZING.

I'm pretty sure Ill be able to squeeze one more meal in before bed time, come tomorrow its back to the diet and back to the grind.  I hope everyone had an amazing day, happy dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment