Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf...Health Benefits of Coffee

I just pulled into a Coffee Bean to take a 30 minute break until my next meeting and thought Damn!!!!! I drink a lot of coffee. Granted I drink decaf so that's good and non fat milk maybe a third of a cup so no fat and minimal carbs (Cheat Day Diet friendly) but is there anything else that I should know about this oh so common bean.

I started doing my research and here is some of the information I found. Coffee drinkers are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease and dementia, sounds wonderful. Also, coffee may help prevent not only certain cancers but also heart rhythm problems and strokes, this is getting better and better. I found another particularly well written article stating that coffee may lower your risk of not only Alzheimer's but also skin cancer. I read in total 9 articles (2 of which I included the links) all of which listed numerous health benefits of coffee without any real negatives other than the potential negative effects of caffeine.

I'm going to do a little research into decaf coffee and see if it contains the same health benefits. As of now I'm pretty excited to guzzle down my next coffee, in the interests of preserving my health of course ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/31/coffee-health-benefits_n_1064577.html#s440657&title=Coffee_Could_Save

harvard.edu/press_releases/coffee_health_benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment