Sunday, May 6, 2012

Enjoying Northern Cal the birthplace of Peet's Coffee and Tea and looking for our San Francisco Stout

Im just concluding my Northern California trip and I have to say that I'm truly starting to love this area. There is such a diversity of people, cultures and foods in a relatively small area. Our weekend took us through San Francisco! Oakland and Berkeley the birth place of Peet's Coffee and Tea. We tried a few different restaurants but the one that was truly memorable was Chez Pannise in Berkeley. I have to say that this was one of the best meals I can ever remember having. I often hear people say they can taste the freshness of food but this was probably the first time I felt I truly could say that. Everything about this meal was spectacular, service perfect and the halibut entree and goat cheese salad appetizer worked perfectly for my low carb diet. I can't recommend this place strongly enough. We found a couple of very interesting locations for our Northern Stout Burgers and Beers location but I think we have narrowed it down to two potential San Francisco locations. Berkeley was indeed a lovely city also and enjoying a decaf coffee at the birthplace of Peet's was wonderful. Well it's almost time to jump back on a plane to LaLa land. I'll throw up a more detailed report on my cheat day later but thus far it has included hamburgers, a wide variety of fruit, cookies, mango lassi, and some ice cream. Hope everyone is wonderful and happy dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment